Cloud migration is the process of moving your digital operations and on-premises data servers across to the cloud. This has a wealth of benefits from your environmental footprint and subsequent cost-savings, to improved security.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to the cloud improving your operations, so take a look at our recap of top benefits to consider.
- Encryption at rest is native in cloud solutions and does not require additional services unlike on premise servers.
- Patching is consistent in cloud environments.
- Continuous compliance assurance – unlike on premise servers, cloud environments meet compliance frameworks such as GDPR.
- Moving to the cloud greatly improves collaboration and access to data.
- Reduced downtime in cloud hosted environments.
- Convenient access to data enables you to access documents the way that works for you when it works for you.
- By removing physical on premise servers that need to be replaced every 5 years, you can reduce e-waste.
- Our cloud partner has a commitment to be powered by 100% renewable energy by 2025 and Net Carbon Zero by 2040.
- A typical server costs between £1200 and £1600 a year in electricity*
- Remove expensive on premise servers that need replacing every 5 years.
- Reduce support requirements by removing complex on premise hardware.
*based on current per KWH prices as https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/quarterly-energy-prices-december-2022 priced at 24.56 pence per KWH.